Some facts about Taj Mahal:
- The time taken for the construction of Taj Mahal was twenty two years, which was started in 1632 and completed in 1653.
- The name of the architect who designed the Taj Mahal was Ahmed Lahauri.
- Approximately 20,000 people were assigned to build the Taj Mahal.
- The total cost for the construction of Taj Mahal was around ₹320 million.
- The marble used in making of Taj Mahal had come from Rajasthan, Afghanistan, Tibet and China.
- The four minarets of the Taj Mahal were built in this way that if they fell, they would fall away from the main structure without giving any damage to the main structure.
It opens from Sunrise to Sunset.
Closed on friday(open only for offering prayer in the mosque between 12pm to 2pm)
See also: Agra Fort
- No ticket for children below 15 years.(both Indian and Foreigner)
- For citizens of India: ₹20/- per head.
- For citizens of SAARC countries and BIMSTEC countries: ₹510/- per head. (₹10/- by ASI and ₹500/- by ADA as a toll tax)
- For foreign citizens: ₹750/- per head. (₹250/- by ASI and ₹500/- by ADA as a toll tax)
Note: Visitors who purchase a ticket for Tajmahal, they don’t need to purchase a full ticket if they visit any other monuments such as Agra Fort, Fatehpur Sikri, etc on the same day. They need to purchase only a ASI ticket. They don’t required to pay a toll tax viz ₹500/- again.
Fee for night viewing:
- No ticket for children below 3 years.(both Indian and Foreigner)
- For children of 3-15 years: ₹500/-
- For citizens of India: ₹510/-
- For foreign citizens: ₹750/-
The tickets can be purchased from the booking counter located in the ASI office at Agra Circle, 22 The Mall, Agra.
Audio Guide Facility:
Available in English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu and Bangla.
|Pic Source Main entrance of Taj Mahal|
|Pic Source Interior of Taj Mahal|
How to Reach:
Reaching Taj Mahal:
From Railway Station/Airport: You can reach Taj Mahal by taking Autorickshaw/Taxi/Bus.
- If you are coming by bus via Yamuna Expressway or coming from Lucknow/Kanpur side via NH2, then leave your bus at water works crossing and book a Auto/Taxi to Taj Mahal.
- If you are coming by bus from Delhi/Mathura side via NH2, then leave your bus at Bhagwan Talkies crossing and book a Auto/Taxi to Taj Mahal.
amazing article about the taj mahal and beautiful picture